RE: To autostart database or not?

From: <Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 12:15:24 -0400

Hmmm, in all the shops I've worked in (except the windows boxes), we did not autostart for the reason was the unix box either rarely if ever crashed, so if it did we would want to check it out before restarting oracle.

In one previous shop, unix shutdown every Sunday anyway, so it was coded to only autostart on that day.... perhaps that was at that time one reason the unix box rarely crashed... if ever.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
joel.patterson_at_crowley.com
x72546