Re: When do system events become effective?

From: Rumpi Gravenstein <rgravens_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 15:23:45 -0400

Uwe,

Run:

select

  u_dump.value   || '/'     ||
  db_name.value  || '_ora_' ||
  v$process.spid ||

  nvl2(v$process.traceid, '_' || v$process.traceid, null )   || '.trc' "Trace File"
from
             v$parameter u_dump
  cross join v$parameter db_name
  cross join v$process
        join v$session
          on v$process.addr = v$session.paddr
where
 u_dump.name = 'user_dump_dest' and
 db_name.name = 'db_name' and
 v$session.audsid=sys_context('userenv','sessionid');

and let us know what it says. You should find your trace files in that general area.

On 5/2/07, Uwe Küchler <uwe_at_kuechler.org> wrote:

> Oracle 9.2.0.6, HP-UX 11.11
>
> Hello world,
> today I was trying to track down the SQL causing a full TEMP tablespace by
> tracing the 1652 event. I tried the following commands:
>
> - ALTER SYSTEM SET EVENTS '1652 trace name errorstack';
> - ALTER SYSTEM SET EVENTS = '1652 trace name errorstack';
> - ALTER SYSTEM SET EVENTS = '1652 trace name context forever, level 12';
> - oradebug event 1652 trace name errorstack
>
> on a running system, but no trace files have been generated, although the
> alert log was flooded with this event after enabling trace.
>
> I had the same effect with the 10046 event a while ago and supposed that
> it only comes in effect when a new session is started, but then "oradebug"
> would be usesless in this case. This cannot be. Unfortunately (as so
> often) I didn't have the time to research, but now i need some input from
> you folks!
>
> So, why is there no tracefile after enabling trace and clearly seeing the
> traced event happen?
>
> Regards,
> Uwe

Rumpi Gravenstein