Dropping a 700 GB Tablespace in a Test Database Efficiently ?

From: VIVEK_SHARMA <VIVEK_SHARMA_at_infosys.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 01:34:31 +0530

Folks

An internal Test Database has 1 of it's Tablespace's of 700 GB which in turn Contains only 1 Table. What is the ideal Approach to DROP the same?

Personally I think the following approach is most efficient:-

SQL> DROP TABLESPACE <Name> INCLUDING CONTENTS AND DATAFILES;

OTHER possible Approaches:-

SQL> TRUNCATE TABLE <Name>;

SQL> DROP TABLE <Name> PURGE; followed by the Command SQL> DROP TABLESPACE <Name> INCLUDING CONTENTS AND DATAFILES;

Database Oracle Version 10gR2

Seek Advice folks

Thanks indeed