Fwd: Materialized view refresh fast without Primary key

From: Chirag DBA <chiragdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 20:50:00 -0400

Can I refresh materialized view FAST when a primary table doesnt have a primary key ?

As per oracle it should work with ROWID option while creating MV logs.

SQL> create table temp(no number);
Table created.

SQL> create materialized view log on temp with rowid(no) including new values;
Materialized view log created.

SQL> create materialized view temp refresh on demand as select * from mv1.temp ;
create materialized view temp refresh on demand as select * from mv1.temp

                                                                     *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-12014: table 'TEMP' does not contain a primary key constraint

SQL> create materialized view temp as select * from mv1.temp; create materialized view temp as select * from mv1.temp

                                                   *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-12014: table 'TEMP' does not contain a primary key constraint

Anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong ?

--

Cheers,

Chirag Majmundar

--