Re: RMAN backup Basic question

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 12:20:36 -0700

If you are referring to the DUPLICATE command, yes it may duplicate a database to another platform.

From the fine user manual, under the DUPLICATE command in the RMAN reference manual:

"If you can make an operating system copy of a database file on one platform and then restore it to another platform, then it is also possible to duplicate a
database from one platform to another. Otherwise, duplication is not possible."

--
Jared Still