RE: URGENT: INCOMPLETE RECOVERY

From: Paula Stankus <paulastankus_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 03:20:42 -0700 (PDT)

This should be a simple clone and I have done it a million times. However, finding the space and cloning a 200+Gb with over 188 files is difficult especially when you don't have the space readily available to clone to.

  So here I am exhausted trying to bring a database open after incomplete recovery. I have checked and double-checked that I have done a begin backup...cp,,,end backup on each datafile, have a controlfile and database in mounted stated, have all the logs - in fact, apply logs that I know were created far after the backup.

  mounted database
  recover database using backup controlfile until cancel

  endless applying of archive logs

  I cannot open the database with resetlogs. I cannot open it at all. I am getting that error that not all my files are in-synch. sigh.

  Any good ideas out there - maybe I just need another set of eyes. :)

  Thanks,
  Paula

  Version 8.1.7.4

Looking for earth-friendly autos?