RE: Perl DBI connection with RAC environment

From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 20:04:58 -0700 (PDT)

Peter

  It means that If I have created a service on RAC as SANSRV where I had specified both node as preferred and TAF to SELECT. Now It means I can specify   Host - VIP of any of the RAC Node
  SID - SANSRV       Please correct me if I am wrong

  Thanks
  Sanjay

Peter McLarty <p.mclarty_at_cqu.edu.au> wrote:

      Hi Sanjay

  You should be able to change your host ip to the vip ip for the service associate with the database you are connecting to and the sid the that service. You would in theory have then failover for your script, it wont matter which instance of your cluster is up.

  Cheers

  From: Sanjay Mishra [mailto:smishra_97_at_yahoo.com] Sent: Thursday, 5 April 2007 02:55 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Perl DBI connection with RAC environment

  Hi

  I had single instance Oracle 8i Database earlier and now new environment is created with Oracle 10g RAC. There are several perl program been used to perform some application and I appreciate if somebody can guide as how to make changes in string

  Existing String is like
   unless ($san_db = DBI->connect("dbi:Oracle:host=192.168.111.111;sid=sandb",

        "scott", "tiger", {LongReadLen => 8000, AutoCommit => 0})) {   ...
  I have two RAC node sandb1 and sandb2

  Thanks
  Sanjay

  The fish are biting.