RE: Perl DBI connection with RAC environment

From: Peter McLarty <p.mclarty_at_cqu.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 12:06:08 +1000

Hi Sanjay

You should be able to change your host ip to the vip ip for the service associate with the database you are connecting to and the sid the that service. You would in theory have then failover for your script, it wont matter which instance of your cluster is up.

Cheers

From: Sanjay Mishra [mailto:smishra_97_at_yahoo.com] Sent: Thursday, 5 April 2007 02:55 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Perl DBI connection with RAC environment

Hi

I had single instance Oracle 8i Database earlier and now new environment is created with Oracle 10g RAC. There are several perl program been used to perform some application and I appreciate if somebody can guide as how to make changes in string

Existing String is like
 unless ($san_db =
DBI->connect("dbi:Oracle:host=192.168.111.111;sid=sandb",

        "scott", "tiger", {LongReadLen => 8000, AutoCommit => 0})) { ...
I have two RAC node sandb1 and sandb2

Thanks
Sanjay

The fish are biting.