Re: using set role command in a logon trigger

From: laura pena <lizzpenaorclgrp_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 19:51:57 -0700 (PDT)

Yes that is what I am requested to do.

looking at proxy users now. Anyone set this up using JBoss and a datasource connection?

Little confused on if in the datasource do you specify rolename to use? Has anyone used this before I attempt all this work?

Many Thanks,
Laura

P.S I think it's a bug because is no error saying this is not allowed at compile time or at runtime.

This bug number references and enhancement request.

-Lizz

Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com> wrote: On 4/4/07, laura pena <lizzpenaorclgrp_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

Nothing seems to work. Seems you are not allowed set a role in a trigger or stored procedures   bug # 2722827.

Didn't realize it was considered a bug. Oracle has not allowed privileges set through a role for as long as I can recall.

Sorry I didn't mention that in my previous reply, I had already hit <SEND>.

 Any creative ideas?

As I understand it, you need to be able to assign privileges for a particular user at runtime, based on which app the user has logged in from?

Take a look at proxy users. That may be of help. See 'Alter User' in the SQL reference (9i) to get started. This may or may not do what you need.

--

Jared Still

The fish are biting.

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Apr 04 2007 - 21:51:57 CDT