Improper Load Balancing

From: Freeman, Donald <dofreeman_at_state.pa.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 08:55:16 -0400

We are experiencing problems with the database connectivity from the production web servers for the last 2-3 weeks. We are using Oracle RAC in the production and there are 2 database servers. Somehow the connection goes to one database server intermittently, not all the time. But when it happens we see most of the connections going to the same Oracle node i.e. second node. We are using Windows load balancing on the web servers. Does anybody have any idea what might cause this?

Don Freeman
Database Administrator 1
Bureau of Information Technology
Pennsylvania Department of Health