RE: trace filename

From: Christian Antognini <Christian.Antognini_at_trivadis.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 13:10:26 +0100

Hi

> My application server is JBoss which is starts with
> connection pool 10-20. I have created a onlogon database
> trigger which populates dbms_session.set_identifier.

It makes no sense to use a trigger. The client identifier should be set from the application every time it gets a connection from the pool.

Notice that if you are using the Oracle JDBC driver you can use the method setEndToEndMetrics of the class OracleConnection to set the client identifier in an efficient way (i.e. to avoid a call to dbms_session.set_identifier).

HTH
Chris