Re: Improper Load Balancing

From: goran bogdanovic <goran00_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 17:47:25 +0100

Hi,

Have you tried sever side load balancing?

Regards,
Goran

Freeman, Donald wrote:

 Improper Load Balancing

We are experiencing problems with the database connectivity from the production web servers for the last 2-3 weeks. We are using Oracle RAC in the production and there are 2 database servers. Somehow the connection goes to one database server intermittently, not all the time. But when it happens we see* most of the connections going to the same Oracle node i.e. second node*. We are using Windows load balancing on the web servers. Does anybody have any idea what might cause this?

Don Freeman
Database Administrator 1
Bureau of Information Technology
Pennsylvania Department of Health