mirroring to another storage array via Veritas

From: Michael McMullen <ganstadba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 11:49:45 -0500

Sun Solaris 5.8

Oracle 9.2.0.4

Veritas Volume Manager

Sun T3's ~ 4 years old.

We are experiencing some corruption on our T3's. The SA wants to mirror the T3's to a nstor storage array. He would sync the T3s live. I think it would be safer to shut down the databases and just move all of the files over. He says it's 100% safe. I also think there would be performance degradation during the synching and also with the mirroring to another Raid 5 array.

Any thoughts.

Thanks

Mike