Re: mirroring to another storage array via Veritas

From: Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 14:38:43 -0500

We were using Veritas VxVM to break and create mirrors online as well as resilver them. This was online operation but did have some performance impact. However, your SA should be able to throttle it doing it volume by volume.

I considered it safe in the environment we were running but, hey, it was tested many many times before letting it in production. Platform was HP so on Solaris it should work at lease as good.

Anyway until you test it really well - nothing is safe. As usual make sure all backups are there and do it outside of active/peak hours and etc.

What's the result of your corruptions by the way? Not Veritas itself. Is it?

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev

http://www.oracloid.com