Partitioning with merge statement

From: <Sherrie.Kubis_at_swfwmd.state.fl.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 09:32:04 -0500

OS: HP-UX 11.11
Oracle 9.2.0.8 (recently upgraded from 9.2.0.5)

Partitioned table: approx. 72 million rows 19 range partitions,
76 has subpartitions

Our partitioned table is updated nightly with a MERGE/UPDATE statement, and this always
worked well in 9.2.0.5. When we went to 9.2.0.8 we sometimes (not consistently) got a
ORA-600 [kokbcvb1]. The consistent part is that updates that used to take seconds now take
20 minutes or longer. Recently, the ORA-00600 became consistent.

We're working (since November!) with Oracle support on this, but it seems to be going nowhere.

Has anyone else had any problems with Partitioned tables in 9.2.0.8?

Sherrie Kubis
Oracle DBA Supervisor
Information Resources Department
Application Systems Section
Southwest Florida Water Management District 352-796-7211 x4033
mailto:Sherrie.Kubis_at_watermatters.org
http://www.watermatters.org

IMPORTANT NOTICE: All E-mail sent to this address are public record and archived. The Southwest Florida Water Management District does not allow use of District equipment and E-mail facilities for non-District business purposes.
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Feb 22 2007 - 08:32:04 CST