Re: Background Checks for DBAs

From: <ryan_gaffuri_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 14:34:57 +0000

I heard a story about someone who worked for a major financial company in the 1990s. He got Bill Clintons social security number from one of the databases and ran a credit check on him.

took some time but the secret service ended up calling the CEO and asking him about it. The person got walked out of the building by security.

I also know about a developer who coded a system and had it print him hundreds of identical checks. He then tried to cash them (something like $15 million) and got caught because all the checks were identical. Spent several years in jail.

This kind of thing is pretty rare though...

Ian MacGregor
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center

Do you have something to back up that statement?

Most white collar crimes are committed by management, upper management at that.

I offer as evidence the folks that end up going to prison for it.

While I have heard of a DBA stealing data for illicit gain, it seems to be pretty rare.

--

Jared Still

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Feb 22 2007 - 08:34:57 CST