Re: Partitioning with merge statement

From: Mindaugas Navickas <mnavickas_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 13:51:48 -0800 (PST)

Sherrie,

I fould separate your issue into 2 (i do not know - they might be related):

1. ORA-600 [kokbcvb1]
2. updates that used to take seconds now take 20 minutes or longer.

For #1 I would suggest to look into Bug #3646263  (which suggests a workaround
set star_transformation_enabled=temp_disable )

For #2 looking into what session waiting on might help to come to resolution. If you have access to old environment (9.2.0.5), you can verify what execution path was and how it differ from current.

I did not experienced this issue myself, however I came across this bug description when I was evaluating migration impact from 9.2.0.5 to 9.2.0.8.

Regards
Mindaugas Navickas