Re: maxthr system statistic

From: Alberto Dell'Era <alberto.dellera_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 11:54:08 +0100

parallel=1 cost=5102
parallel=2 cost=2819
parallel=3 cost=1879
parallel=4 cost=1409
parallel=5 cost=1127
parallel=6 cost=1039
parallel=7 cost=1039
parallel=8 cost=1039

Notice how the limiting value gets halved as we double maxthr:

4155 -> 4155 / 2 = 2077 -> 2077 / 2 = 1039

which is reasonable - doubling the max throughput means halving the time it takes for the blocks to hop from the disks to the buffer cache when we have enough "parallel servers" to saturate the disk bandwidth.

HTH :) Alberto

--
Alberto Dell'Era
"Per aspera ad astra"