Mview refresh is much slower in 10g

From: David Boyd <davidb158_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 10:29:55 -0500

Hi List,

Recently we upgraded our database from 9.2.0.6 to 10.2.0.2. We have a materialized view that joins two tables in the same database. It takes 19 min to refresh in 9i, but it takes more than 1 hr in 10g. The select statement that creates the mview takes 300msec in 9i and 400msec in 10g. Our system is Solaris 9 for Oracle 9i and Solaris 10 for Oracle 10g. We use exec dbms_refresh.refresh('"my_schema"."TEST_MV"') to refresh the mview. Please advise how to speed up the refresh in 10g. Also do we have to regenerate stats every time after we refresh the mview?

Dave

Get live scores and news about your team: Add the Live.com Football Page www.live.com/?addtemplate=football&icid=T001MSN30A0701