Re: Rolling back CPUOct2006 to re-install question

From: bill thater <shrekdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 09:20:51 -0600

On 1/17/07, DIANNA GIBBS <DIANNA.GIBBS_at_childrens.com> wrote:
> We installed the CPUOct2006 patch and had major issues. Since we had so
> many
> problems in different environments, we are not sure exactly what we
> need to do
> to install the patch successful in our production environment in a
> limited-time frame.
> We would like to rollback the patch (installed and running on TEST
> system for a week), so we
> can re-install the patch for timings, procedures, etc. Can we be able
> do this? Is
> there any issue of DD corruption or is this advisable to try this? We
> would
> not want to recover the database to a point in time before, just
> rollback the patch
> and start the procedures to install the patch again from the start.
>
> Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
> Dianna G.

simplest way is to restore the database to the version before the patch and then reaply. you did take a cold backup before installing the patch didn't you?;-) if you don't have a backup, i'm not sure that you can rollback the patch if you've done anything since it was installed.

i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong about it.

Bill "Shrek" Thater     ORACLE DBA
       shrekdba_at_gmail.com
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a
suitable application of high explosives.