RE: Rollback waiting on 'cache buffer chains' latch - SOLVED

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 02:02:48 +0800

Maybe PMON failed to hand the rollback of killed session's transaction over to SMON properly, maybe got in some sort of loop. And being in this loop it couldn't move on to clean up the v$process entries.

But yes, I've been also in similar situation - where the decision to bounce the instance has been done quite quickly. Better to have whole instance up in determined amount of time than having the instance in partially working state for undefined period of time (and perhaps having to bounce it eventually anyway).

Tanel.