RE: Rollback waiting on 'cache buffer chains' latch - SOLVED

From: <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 10:41:19 -0700

No, the physical process was gone (killed with kill -9):

15:34:17 SQL> select b.spid from v$session a, v$process b where a.paddr=b.addr and a.sid=664;

SPID

9859284

15:34:26 SQL> ! ps -p 9859284

      PID TTY TIME CMD <no processes returned>

The only problem evident at the OS level was that PMON was spinning away gobbling up a whole CPU, so it appears that PMON got hung on the rollback for some reason. It occurs to me now that I should've checked to see what the PMON process was waiting on, but for some reason I never thought to check that yesterday - too late now. Well maybe it will show me in the hanganalyze dump . . .

Thanks,
Brandon