RE: SQL *Net more data from client - waiting too long

From: Kerber, Andrew <Andrew.Kerber_at_umb.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 12:59:15 -0600

Typically as a dba I don't have time to debug much on the application side, if you have the time that's great, but the best I usually have time for is to track down poorly performing sql, and even then I often cant do much more than identify it. In any case, most apps we have here are 3rd party software that we don't have the ability to change, so its just not a good use of my time to try and diagnose problems with outside applications.

Andrew W. Kerber
Oracle DBA
UMB     "If at first you dont succeed, dont take up skydiving"