RE: SQL *Net more data from client - waiting too long

From: Powell, Mark D <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 14:28:59 -0500

Problems with the application are often the DBA's problem since a poorly designed/written/implemented application can impact the entire database work load. This in turn makes it the DBA's problem. A DBA needs to point out bad practice or code where he or she sees it to protect the database as much as possible. Sometimes no "fix" is going to be forthcoming. Sometimes you might get one down the road. And once or twice in your lifetime you might even get a immediate positive response. Maybe, but I agree with Niall, you need to take responsibility for trying to make things better.