Re: SQL *Net more data from client - waiting too long

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 18:54:42 +0000

On 1/9/07, Kerber, Andrew <Andrew.Kerber_at_umb.com> wrote:

> It also means its not a problem w/ Oracle, it's a problem with the
> application.

Absolutely not picking on Andrew here, since this and some of the implications are a common view, but am I the only one to think that the distinction is somewhat false. Technically a bad app is not my problem as a DBA, but professionally and in reality I view it as my problem to diagnose, report and offer solution with applications. In other words I see application level design and performance problems as part of my purview. What do others think?

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA