Wait: Queue Messages

From: Paula Stankus <paulastankus_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 02:47:09 -0800 (PST)

Guys,

  A very large percentage of the waits on our database are for Queue Messages. This is consistent. This is the first time I have seen this as one of the top waits on a database and at such a high percentage consistently. I have been researching Metalink, Google, various sites and even the great book on Waits by Kirti and Richmond. However, I do not find very much information specifically on this wait event. Help, does anyone have any references they can point me to that would explain the following:

-how to determine what processes or type of processes produce these waits
-how to measure what kind of an issue they are on your database
-things you can do to resolve this wait
-Where can you go besides Statspack for more detailed information about what is causing this event

  Thanks in advance.
  Paula

Do You Yahoo!?