Re: CSS daemon

From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 10:19:56 -0800 (PST)

Here is imporatant found today after I got i touch with Lead DBA who is on vacation to India.

  Here is the entry in inittab
  h1:35:respawn:/etc/init.d/init.cssd run >/dev/null 2>&1 </dev/null

  If I reboot and even I had entry in inittab as well as link in /etc/rc<>.d directory. occsd daemon is not coming. Now when I ran the following

  /etc/init.d/init.cssd run
  Please note that it is running as foreground as without & or nohup. It will start the ocssd after 30-40sec as been checked from another window and I am able to start ASM as well as database instance.

  But if I run it as
  /etc/init.d/init.cssd run &
  or
  nohup :/etc/init.d/init.cssd run &
  it is not able to start the ocssd daemon. Anyway it is trying the same thing as been done by first command but nothing is started

  Any ideas as if something is problematic in OS. I had updated the TAR and so now they are opening a ticket to LINUX group for update

  Sanjay

Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com> wrote:   There's also a rather important difference between escalation and changing the severity of an SR. Escalation happens when you need to get the attention of someone higher up/ a different and/or better engineer and so on. Sev1 is work 24*7 and have your manager on the phone as well because of the business impact. So you can have an escalated sev2 and a non escalated sev1.

  On 11/8/06, Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com> wrote: Be sure they will update it while you are sleeping. ;-) Chances are your guy's on another side of the globe. :) When escalating to Sev 1, they will be working on your nights - so be ready to answer the damn phone. ;-)

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev

The Pythian Group