Re: CSS daemon

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 06:40:41 +0000

There's also a rather important difference between escalation and changing the severity of an SR. Escalation happens when you need to get the attention of someone higher up/ a different and/or better engineer and so on. Sev1 is work 24*7 and have your manager on the phone as well because of the business impact. So you can have an escalated sev2 and a non escalated sev1.

On 11/8/06, Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Be sure they will update it while you are sleeping. ;-) Chances are
> your guy's on another side of the globe. :) When escalating to Sev 1,
> they will be working on your nights - so be ready to answer the damn
> phone. ;-)
>
> On 11/8/06, Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Kevin
> >
> > I even offered the Remote connection so that they can see the issue but
> no
> > reply. Let's wait for some more time else I will call the support
> number.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Alex Gorbachev