Re: Novell/MSFT

From: Bob <orcl_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 09:15:40 -0500

Humm... well personally I believe Microsoft s day as a leader in *new* technology are fading very fast indeed.

MS is completely lost behind Google, they have absolutely no way to reclaim any of the enormous market exposure that google pulls in every day - no way. I know many of this group uses gmail (2-3)GB of search able email, what about the new star office doc & spreadsheet tool.. All that is maturing very fast and in time, in my opinion will keep MS limited on new technology, MS is not innovative!!

Linux has always been a threat to MS that they hoped would go away. Linux started as monkey and now becoming a Gorilla How about CENTOS? -
http://www.centos.org/
http://www.dizwell.com/prod/node/50
Completely bases on RH sources....

CENTOS (community enterprise operating system) is the most beautiful Linux distro I’ve seen and used, now OraLinux... MS *has* to pick up Linux....(as an "appliance" ) or what ever spin they put on it.

Not that MS will succeed with Linux, but I think they have to touch it.

Just my personal day to day observation. <g>

Bob

--
"Oracle error messages being what they are, do not
highlight the correct cause of fault, but will identify