Re: Unix TZ

From: Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 08:57:12 +0200

Time zone is set during database creation - so it's gotta be stored somewhere inside the data dictionary. question would be: if it's not set explicity during database creation, and oracle uses the os value, if that os value gets altered between instance startup and shutdown, wether or not oracle will use the new value, or stick to the one that was set when creating the database.

check database_properties for the current value

Stefan