Re: Cloning database structure

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 10:51:03 +0800

That is why Niall mentioned the COMPRESS option. If the export was with COMPRESS=N,
the initial extents would be smaller -- ie, the actual size of the initial from the source database.
Else, with COMPRESS=Y, the import would find CREATE TABLE statements that have INITIAL as the full size of each table.

Another option is to run import with INDEXFILE=<filename>.sql, then edit the <filename>.sql
to "uncomment" all the tables and edit the INITIAL/NEXT sizes in the script and then manually
run all the CREATE TABLE/INDEX statements from the script.

Hemant

At 10:32 AM Sunday, Prabhu, Krishnaswamy wrote:
>Niall,
>
>Sorry for not giving full details, we did our export with rows=n and
>full=y. As of now, we are trying to create only db structure not
>data, once if the structure are in sync with the corrupted
>development database then we thought of decommisioning that database
>and import the data from the stage database. All our import are
>getting failled with "unable to extend initial extents" error due to
>insufficient tablespace size.
>
>Thanks,
>Prabhu
>
>>From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>