Re: Cloning database structure

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 20:46:33 +0100

I see others have gone down some helpful routes, but I wonder if all your tables have really been defined with sufficiently huge initial extent sizes such that you have 850gb of data in only a relatively few numbers of extents per segment, or if in fact the export has been taken with the default option of COMPRESS=Y which has nothing to do with compressing data and everything to do with generating huge extent sizes. Worth a check to see and if an approach of rows=n compress=n would allow you to precreate your structure perfectly well.

Just a thought

Niall

On 10/14/06, Prabhu, Krishnaswamy <prabhu_adam_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> Our dataware house development database has been corrupted and we are in
> the
> process of creating a one with the same structure and not data due to the
> space constratint. Our old database size is 850 gig and we have space for
> new one is only 400 gig. We thought of importing less data later. Now
> our
> full import is getting failed due to the space issue, the objects are
> defined with large storage clauses and the tablespaces are created on new
> one with less space hence the import is getting failed.
>
> Is there any way to import the object with the default storage clause or
> any
> other methed we can do for this. We can't clone db due to the space
> issue.
>
> your help is highly appreciated.
>

> Thank you,
> Prabhu