Re: Cloning database structure

From: Kurt Van Meerbeeck <kurtvm_at_pandora.be>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 16:01:05 +0200

Hi,

You could use Pretoria for this. It will :

- pretty print the indexfile,
- manipulate the storage clauses
- seperate table/index/constraint ddl in different files

See http://pretoria.sourceforge.net
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pretoria

Make a no-rows export as explained before - and create the indexfile (imp indexfile=myddl.sql)
Then you can create a storage parameter file for example : "DWH"."CUSTOMERS" INITIAL 100M NEXT 100M PCTFREE 5 TABLESPACE CUST

DEFAULT_TABLE("DWH") INITIAL 1M NEXT 1M TABLESPACE DWH_DATA
DEFAULT_TABLE ("DWHADMIN") INITIAL 512K NEXT 512K TABLESPACE DWH_ADMIN_DATA
DEFAULT_TABLE INTIAL 128K NEXT 128K TABLESPACE DATA
"DWH"."CUSTOMERS_IDX" INITIAL 20M NEXT 20M TABLESPACE CUST_IDX DEFAULT_INDEX("DWH") TABLESPACE INDEX DWH_INDX DEFAULT_INDEX TABLESPACE INDX Using the above as a storagefile for Pretoria, the following things will happen (Read - DDL will be created):
· the table DWH.CUSTOMER will get equal initial & next extents of 100M, pct free of 5, and will be placed in tablespace CUST · all other tables of owner DWH will get equal initial & next extents of 1M, and will be placed in tablespace DWH_DATA · all tables of owner DWHADMIN will get equal initial & next extents of 512K, and will be placed in tablespace DWH_ADMIN_DATA · all tables not owned by DWH or DWHADMIN will get equal initial & next extents of 128K, and will be placed in tablespace DATA · the index DWH.CUSTOMER_IDX will get equal initial & next extents of 20M,
and will be placed in tablespace CUST_IDX
·       all other indexes of owner DWH will be put in tablespace DWH_INDX
·       all other indexes not owned by DWH will be put in tablespace INDX

Allthough DBMS_METADATA exists for some time - now and then, Pretoria is still handy.
Oh - it can also strip the storage clauses from the ddl. Anyways - you could write it yourself with awk/sed or perl - this one is in java and runs pretty well on every platform ;-)

Cheers,
Kurt

--
Kurt Van Meerbeeck
kurtvm_at_pandora.be

Imagination is more important than knowledge... (A.Einstein)

You can have many different jobs and still be lazy... (H.Simpson)