Re: Cloning database structure

From: Nigel Thomas <nigel_at_preferisco.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 06:29:08 -0700 (PDT)

Prabhu
>Is there any way to import the object with the default storage clause or any
>other methed we can do for this. We can't clone db due to the space issue.

You can make a no-rows export of your warehouse and then use the imp option indexfile=myddl.sql to generate a script with the create table / index / constraint statements, then edit that file. If you are on *nix it is pretty easy to sed or awk the results to adjust tablespace names, initial extents, etc. The CREATE TABLEs are all REM'd out, so the first thing to do is to remove those comments.

See http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96652/ch02.htm#1005500

HTH Regards Nigel