RE: oinstall group (hopefully not a stupid question)

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qg.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 07:36:35 -0500

As I'm going through a new ERP implementation, I had this same question. I decided to stick with my plain ol' "dba" group after reading MetaLink 114740.1, which pretty much mirrors what Mark had offered.

Rich

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Kevin Closson Sent: Friday, October 06, 2006 12:04 PM
To: ORACLE-L
Subject: oinstall group (hopefully not a stupid question)

Looking for general consensus here. Do people really set up an oinstall group and make that the oracle owner default group? Since this is not mandatory, does anyone have sage words on why this is recommended in Oracle install guides?