Re: oinstall group (hopefully not a stupid question)

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 17:22:08 -0800

Catching up on old Oracle-L:

The only benefit I can see from it is that it prevents me from doing something like rm -rf /u01/oradata/db01/*.dbf when logged in as myself.

If I were really trying to lockdown the db's, each install of Oracle would have different owner:group. DBA would not have access to any files.

That just leaves root.

and since su - oracle still works...

Jared

--