Re: ASM problems

From: Johan Eriksson <valpis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 10:19:16 +0200

Hi list

The problem now seems to be solved. I first tried to drop the disk from the diskgroup:

SQL> alter diskgroup ORADATA1 drop disk ORADATA2; alter diskgroup ORADATA1 drop disk ORADATA2 *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-15032: not all alterations performed ORA-15071: ASM disk "ORADATA2" is already being dropped

Ok, not quite what I was hoping for, so I tried the other suggestion:

SQL> alter diskgroup ORADATA1 rebalance power 11;

Diskgroup altered.

SQL>
SQL> select d.name, d.state, g.name from v$asm_disk d, v$asm_diskgroup g
where d.group_number = g.group_number 2 3 ;

NAME                           STATE    NAME
ORADATA1                       NORMAL   ORADATA1

And the disk was finally gone (but still not enterily sure why, back to the documentation...)

After I restarted the ASM on second node I was able to get that instance up and running as well.

So, thanks!