archives with export

From: Joe Armstrong-Champ <joseph.armstrong-champ_at_tufts.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:49:30 -0400

Is there any way that archives can be used with a full export of the database? What I mean is can the archives be used once the database has been restored using an export? The answer seems to be an obvious 'no' but I wanted to hear other opinions before ruling it out.

I don't like the idea of an export as a 'backup' but that's the way it's currently set up.

Thanks