Re: ** mv versus advanced replication

From: Yechiel Adar <adar666_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 12:39:26 +0200

Hello Joshi

Some points:
1) We have synchronous advance replication working on a fairly busy system with no problem, 9205 on windows. 2) The size of the database is not an issue. You just stop updating the master database, copy it to a second server and start it. Then you build the replication support with copy rows = no and you are off and running. From this point all that mattered is the amount of updates. 3) Think $$$$$$. Advance replication need a special license. 4) I have a script that automate the whole creation of advanced replication, if you decide to go that way.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel