Change the Hostname of a Server with Oracle

From: <raphael.gmuer_at_areva-td.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 11:23:57 +0200

Hello everybody

I'm administer the Oracle installations on our servers since about 1 year.
I don't have many problems with our installations because it works everything REALLY FINE :-))

But now I have the problem that we have to change the hostname of a server due to a project in which we want to migrate into a global domain.
Before we can migrate into the global domain we have to fulfill the global naming convention for the servers.

On one of these servers we have to rename we have installed Oracle with two database instances.
So I want to ask here if anybody have experiences in changing the hostname of a server with Oracle installed?
Is it possible that everything I have to modify are the files listener.ora, tnsnames.ora and services.ora???

Thanks in advance for any help.

PS:  We have installed Oracle 9.2.0.1 on Windows 2000 Server SP4 on a HP Proliant 380 server with dual 2.8 ghz cpu's and 2 gb memory.

Best regards
Raphael Gmür
-- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Sep 07 2006 - 04:23:57 CDT