Re: 9i Parsing Optimization

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 21:33:59 +0100

You don't say what the front-end code is, but there are environments where the client libraries do a parse call followed by a parse and execute call - which gives you the two parses per execute that your 8i tkprof file is showing.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#lewis

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ