RE: 8i 32-bit to 10gr2 64-bit upgrade

From: Christian Antognini <Christian.Antognini_at_trivadis.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 06:39:17 +0200

Mark

> Are you sure about that? Yes, I know that the Diagnostic (etc.)
> modules for OEM that make use of AWR are extra cost options. But is
> AWR itself a separately licenseable product? I poked around
> Oracle's website, and -- gee imagine this -- found nothing
> definitive one way or the other.

Have a look to Oracle Database Licensing Information (B14199-02).

<quote>
Oracle Diagnostic Pack
The Oracle Diagnostic Pack provides automatic performance diagnostic and advanced system monitoring functionality. The Diagnostic Pack includes the following features: ” Automatic Workload Repository
” Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor (ADDM) ” Performance monitoring (database and host) ” Event notifications: notification methods, rules, and schedules ” Event history and metric history (database and host) ” Blackouts
” Dynamic metric baselines
” Monitoring templates
” Memory-access based performance monitoring In order to use the features listed above, you must purchase licenses for the Diagnostic Pack. The Diagnostics Pack functionality can be accessed by Enterprise Manager links as well as through the database server command-line APIs. The use of either interface requires a Diagnostic Pack license. </quote>

As you can see command-line APIs are protected as well. Few lines later you will find the complete list of views, packages and scripts that are concerned. This simply means that the packs are no more an OEM option but a database option!

HTH
Chris