Re: What options are available for connection pooling?

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:18:46 -0500

Ryan,

I agree with Raj. The key question to ask the developers is "what are you using to perform the application server task?". I'm not current with what Microsoft is using for this function in the dot.net arena. But you want them to either use an application server or have something that performs the functions of an application server (such as connection pooling). It just isn't practical to write your own connection pool or create a serious application without an application server.

Dennis Williams