Re: CBO problem

From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 08:26:55 -0700

My guess is that it has nothing to do with IOT and only indirectly with automatic statistics gathering. Unless you changed the default method_opt, the 10g automatic statistics gathering job will gather histograms on all columns used in predicates (at least that is an improvement over the "for all indexed columns" nonsense). If your queries include bind variables you could see the result of different plans being generated due to bind variable peeking at parse time - and then that plan being used for all other BV until the plan ages out or gets invalidated.

--
regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Oracle 7,8,8i,9i OCP DBA