RE: Listener with mixed releases

From: <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 11:34:20 -0500

I wish I had kept a MetaLink and/or documentation article I ran across once that states that the listener major version should match the DB major version. And we did run into problems trying to have one listener dole out connections for both 8.1.7 and 9.2.0 DBs. So, using in part the explicit auto-registration techniques described here in another thread, we have separate listeners, running of course on different ports.

HTH! GL!
Rich