Re: Scary 10gR2 query problem

From: Ray Stell <stellr_at_cns.vt.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 12:05:30 -0400

SQL> select count(*) from oddity;

  COUNT(*)

     67311

SQL> create table very_odd as select * from oddity;

Table created.

SQL> select count(*) from very_odd;

  COUNT(*)

     67311

SQL> select * from v$version;

BANNER

Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.2.0 - Prod PL/SQL Release 10.2.0.2.0 - Production
CORE 10.2.0.2.0 Production
TNS for Linux: Version 10.2.0.2.0 - Production NLSRTL Version 10.2.0.2.0 - Production

$ opatch lsinventory

Installed Top-level Products (3):
Oracle Database 10g                                                  10.2.0.1.0
Oracle Database 10g Products                                         10.2.0.1.0
Oracle Database 10g Release 2 Patch Set 1                            10.2.0.2.0
There are 3 products installed in this Oracle Home.

Interim patches (1) :

Patch 5079037 : applied on Mon May 22 11:28:08 EDT 2006

   Created on 28 Apr 2006, 01:20:34 hrs PST8PDT    Bugs fixed:
     5079037, 5079038