Re: Data Mirroring on two data centers -- How to use ASM ?

From: Madhu V <db.mail.1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 11:30:06 -0500

Great discussion here !!

Someone mentioned in the list that.. requirements should be defined first. I totally agree with you, but unfortunately, our requirements keep changing and appears to be ever changing. Chiefly my original post is to understand the ASM possibility in our existing environment. We are not in any position to offer a final solution to the requirements presented to us, still investigating...

We do _*host based mirroring*_ to two data centers (This is a must for us, Plz don't ask me why ;)-). Both the data centers are located in a mile distance between them. we don't use any frame/SAN based replication solutions and last time i talked to Storage/Unix folks here, these solutions are very expensive and have no plan to implement them here.

Regards,
Madhu