Oracle General Ledger on Windows NT & changing the IP address

From: Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 13:43:25 -0500

All,

Just when things are stable:

We have Oracle General Ledger application installed on an NT machine. The database, app server & application itself are all installed on the one machine. This is in test mode only (The Oracle Sample VIS database has been installed).

We are undergoing network reconfiguration. The IP address of this machine will be changing. What effect will this have on the application software itself? None (I hope), right? I can trash and reinstall everything as it is just the test application - no real data in it. But I am hoping that nothing will need to be done.

Thanks

Tom