Re: Oracle General Ledger on Windows NT & changing the IP address

From: Thomas Day <tomday2_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:03:04 -0500

The last app server that I worked with was Resin.

If what you described had happened in that environment I would have to:

  1. Change the URL that I pointed my browser at to launch the application.
  2. Change the tnsnames.ora entry for my database (or else change the hosts entry for that machine, depending on whether I used the IP address or the hosts name).

Resin uses a JDBC connection to the database so fixing the tnsnames entry will handle that. I'm not sure if your app server works the same way.

Hope this helps.