Re: logs

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 15:40:56 -0800

On 3/1/06, Grant Allen <gxallen_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree with Jared - automate monitoring of this. I hear perl is
> useful for this, right Jared? :-P
>
> Ciao
> Fuzzy
> :-)
> --

Perl has been known to be useful in such situations.

In that regard: I am currently taking NetIQ AppManager training.

I setup the Oracle Alert log monitor module, injected ORA-600 into the log, and was immediately paged.

The page came from a monitor written written in Perl (it runs as a service on Windows). NetIQ has not yet found any errors in the alert.log.

Hmm.....

--
Jared Still